Thecannon is hiring!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
We're looking for a photographer and videographer for the 2011-2012 school year
Since 2002, thecannon.ca has been the online community for undergraduate students at the University of Guelph.
Co-owned by the Central Student Association and the Guelph Campus Co-operative, we offer comprehensive, free classifieds to buy and sell everything from housing rentals to course textbooks and material. We also serve as a forum for students to stay up-to-date on current events in the Guelph area. The site is 100% student-funded and all of its content is user-generated.
We are looking for two staff members, a reporter/photographer and reporter/videographer, to work at thecannon during the 2011-2012 school year (position starts August 22, 2011). These are part-time positions (7.5 hours/week during the Fall and winter semesters) with a starting pay of $11.45/hr.
Thecannon.ca reporter/photographer ad reporter/videographer
Working under the guidance of thecannon.ca Editor, staff reporters work with volunteers and campus community groups to develop content for the website (either photos or videos) and written works.
Training is provided.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of photo/video editing software
- Experience using digital video camera equipment and accessories
- Experience using word processing programs (Microsoft Office, Open Office)
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidelines and supervision
- Excellent organizational, time-management and creative thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with the University of Guelph campus, on-campus organizations and the Guelph community
- Understanding of anti-oppression issues and ability to work in a non-oppressive manner
- Volunteer management and recruitment experience an asset
Please email your cover letter and resume to Tom Klein Beernink, General Manager of the Guelph Campus Co-operative, at [email protected]
Resumes must be submitted in the DOC, RTF, DOCX or PDF file format.
Please submit one or more writing samples with your application. Hiring preference is given to students.
The deadline to submit an application is Friday July 15th at 4 p.m..