The Cannon is looking for volunteers
Monday, January 23, 20120 Comments
Why Volunteer at thecannon?
- Build your resume
- Meet new friends
*munch on some free food and meet new people at our weekly meetings
- Gain new skills
*we provide FREE training
- Get published so your friends and grandma can see your awesome work
Email to get more information on how you can volunteer for thecannon this semester.
Volunteer for thecannon.ca’s videographer
There are a variety of ways you can volunteer and help produce videos for the cannon.
Here are a couple of examples:
1. BE A (shinier) STAR
- you could be filmed asking students questions about important campus issues
- you can act in a short skit that describes a current event
2. BE A WRITER
- write a funny skit about a campus issue
- come up with questions to be asked on videos
- come up with simple ideas topics that you think the cannon should be covering
3. BE A CAMERA PERSON
- learn how to handle a variety of cameras
4. BE A VIDEO EDITOR
- learn how to use video editing software like Final Cut Pro
- learn how to optimize your videos to work with youtube
- edit and publish videos for thecannon.ca
If any of these positions thrill you (or if simply you want to shadow someone on one of these missions) please email:
Volunteer as a Writer or Copy Editor
1. DOES SOMETHING HAVE YOU TICKED OFF?
- Write an opinion piece about an issue that you want to address
-Conduct interviews and research to get insight on issues
2. COVER LOCAL NEWS AND EVENTS
- Report on events on campus and in the city
-Keep U of G informed by writing news pieces
3. WRITE A REVIEW
- Review anything from concerts to movies or restaurants and new albums
4. TAKE PHOTOS
- Take photos at events to publish with corresponding articles written by a reporter or yourself
-Get training and experience in photography and work alongside our photographer/reporter
-Get a chance to use thecannon’s equipment and office while building your portfolio
to get more information on how you can volunteer for thecannon this semester.
We have our volunteer meetings on Wednesdays in thecannon office (UC 244) at 5:30pm.
There will be FREE pizza and drinks (please let me know if you have food allergies or dietary restrictions.) If you know that you are able to make it, please email me so I can get an idea of numbers. Don't worry if you decide last minute or don't get a chance to email me, come anyway!