CSA General Election nominations open
Monday, February 7, 20110 Comments
CSA Logo (in black)
The Central Student Association is now holding its annual General Elections. Nominations open Monday February 7, 2011 and close Friday February 18th, 2011.
Who can run?
All members (full and part-time undergraduate students) of the Central Student Association are eligible to run for a position in the general elections.
What can I run for?
Undergraduate students can run for 1 of 6 positions:
a) 1 of 5 Commissioner positions:
Academic & University Affairs Commissioner, Communications & Corporate Affairs Commissioner, External Affairs Commissioner, Human Resources & Operations Commissioner or Local Affairs Commissioner
b) 1 of 2 seats on the Board of Directors for your College
For example, if you are in the College of Arts, you would run for one of the two “’At-Large’ (elected) College of Arts” seats.
There are many reasons why you should run; here are a few that we've thought of:
- To get involved in student politics
- To gain invaluable experience
- To make some money (Commissioner)
- To take a break from school (Commissioner)
- Because it goes on your Co-curricular transcript
- It gives you a challenge
- It allows you to network with people you might not have otherwise met
- To represent students both within the university and outside of it.
- (If you are a marginalized student…) because you will likely bring a different perspective to the table and because this perspective is often underrepresented in positions of power
- And more.
There are a number of reasons why any given person should run for a governing position in the student union. We encourage you to ask the current Commissioners why they decided to run for a position in the CSA.
Where can I find more information and follow the election process?
Facebook Page: Central Student Association (CSA)
Our Website: csaonline.ca
Contact [email protected] for more information.
Check out the website over the next two weeks to read blogs from your current representatives (both commissioners and board members) about the importance of getting involved in student politics, and the importance of their individual positions within the CSA.
The CSA is also holding a "Candidate Social" on Wednesday February 9th from Noon to 2pm and Wednesday February 16th from 2pm to 4pm. Your commissioners will be there, some board members will be there, and refreshments will be present.