Wednesday, December 13, 2006
1. Robbery and Arrest – occurred on the 9th December. Investigation into a robbery at the ATM machine on the 10th November 2006 at 6:25 am has lead to the arrest of a 21 year old Guelph male. A Guelph woman had been using the ATM when a male stole her wallet after a brief struggle. No injuries. Jess SAVILLE, 21 years, of Guelph will be in court on the 11th December 2006 charged with Robbery and Breach Probation.
2. Personal Injury Motor Vehicle Collision – occurred on the 9th December at 9:53 am on Speedvale Ave W near Silvercreek Py N. A car, driven by a 62 year old Guelph male, was eastbound on Speedvale Ave W and was stopped waiting to make a turn into a private driveway when it was struck from behind by an SUV, driven by a 59 year old Guelph woman. Minor injuries. Highway Traffic Act charge is pending against the 59 year old Guelph woman.
3. Personal Injury Motor Vehicle Collision – occurred on the 9th December at 9:02 am on Edinburgh Rd S at Southcreek Trail. A 22 year old Guelph woman was struck by a car, driven by a 38 year old Guelph male, which was eastbound on Edinburgh Rd S as she ran across the road. The woman was treated at Guelph General Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Investigation is continuing.
4. Arrest – occurred on the 9th December at 3:17 am on Wyndham St N. A 27 year old Guelph male was arrested for Possession of A Controlled Substance following a traffic stop on Wyndham St N. When police searched the motor vehicle they found 35 grams of marihuana, 17 grams of cocaine, 35 ecstasy tablets and 90 Cesamet tablets. Murray Jones, 27 years, of Guelph will be in court on the 11th December 2006 charged with three (3) counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking and one (1) count of Possession of a Controlled Substance.
5. Arrest – occurred on the 8th December at 3:40 pm on Wyndham St N. A 30 year old Guelph woman was arrested for Breach Recognizance by officers on patrol. When she was searched she was found to be in possession of 45 grams of marihuana. Jacqueline Black, 30 years, of Guelph will be in court on the 11th December 2006 charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking and two (2) counts of Breach Recognizance.
6. Stolen Vehicle Recovered – occurred on the 9th December on Niska Rd. A Greyhound bus, which had been taken from a bus yard in Toronto, was recovered on Niska Rd. The bus would not fit across Bailey Bridge (single lane bridge) and when the driver tried back up he drove into a ditch. The driver fled the scene on foot. Canine track (PSD Major) was conducted with negative results. Suspect – male, 30 years, brown hair, 5’8” – 5’9” and was wearing casual clothes and a jacket.
7. Mischief and Arrest – occurred on the 11th December at 11:52 am on the Westwood Rd bridge over the Hanlon Parkway. Police received report of several cars and four transport trucks having been struck by pieces of ice that had been thrown from the Westwood Rd bridge. The area was searched and two (2) fourteen old Guelph males were arrested and charged with mischief. No injuries. Two (2) fourteen year old Guelph youths (male) will be in court in January 2007 charged with Mischief. Investigation is continuing
8. Break Enter and Theft – occurred sometime over the weekend of December 8th – 11th to a construction trailer on Goodwin Dr. A backhoe, which had been parked against the trailer, was moved away from the trailer door and the lock cut. Copper tubing was stolen. No suspects.
9. Hit and Run Motor Vehicle Collision – occurred on the 10th December at 11:45 pm on Stevenson St at Pleasant Rd. A small, dark coloured car was southbound on Stevenson St N when the car drove off of the roadway and sideswiped a large tree, drove over a smaller tree and a no parking sign before driving back out onto Stevenson St N. The car and driver fled the scene. The passenger side mirror was torn from the vehicle as a result of the collision. Suspect vehicle – smaller dark coloured blue car with damage to the passenger side.
10. Hit and Run Motor Vehicle Collision – occurred on the 10th December at 7:15 pm on Gordon St near Waterloo Ave. A 60 year old Guelph male was riding his bicycle southbound on a Gordon St., when a bus (either a transit bus or highway coach) came up behind him and as the bus passed the mirror struck the cyclist. The cyclist was knocked to the ground and suffered minor injuries to his elbow. The bus continued on its way. No description of the bus.
11. Break Enter and Theft – occurred sometime over the weekend of December 8th – 11th to a locked trailer at Riteway Aluminum 20 Taggart Crt. Entry to the trailer was gained by forcing a lock. Stolen were some power tools. No suspects.
12. Attempt Break and Enter – occurred on the 12th December at 5:26 am at Performance Improvement 672 Woolwich St. AN attempt to gain entry to the business was made by breaking the glass in the front window. Entry was not gained. No suspects.
13. Break Enter and Theft – occurred on the 12th December at 5:34 am to Palmer Cleaning Centre 80 Woodlawn Rd W. Entry was gained by breaking a window. Stolen were a computer, monitor and scanner. No suspects.
14. UPDATE - Motor Vehicle Collision – occurred on the 18th June at 9:44 am on Gordon St just north of Maltby Rd. A motorcycle, driven by a 21 year old Guelph male, was northbound on Gordon St. A car, driven by a 44 year old Morriston male, was attempting a U-turn (southbound to northbound) and the motorcycle collided with the front of the car. The driver of the motorcycle was ejected and airlifted from the scene to Hamilton General Hospital with major injuries (broken bones). The driver of the motorcycle remains in hospital in critical but stable condition. Both vehicles sustained major damage. A subsequent investigation by the Guelph Police Traffic Unit with the assistance of the Crown Attorney’s office has lead to a charge of Careless Driving against the 44 year old Morriston male. He will be in court January 17th.
15. Sexual Assault – occurred on the 12th December between 9:00 am and 9:30 am in Franchetto Park. A 20 year old Guelph woman was walking through the park when a male on a bicycle approached her and the two began having a casual conversation. During the conversation the male grabbed the woman and tried to kiss her. She was able to break free and the male left the park on his bicycle. The woman was not injured. Suspect – male white, 25 – 30 years, 5’5” – 5’6”, 150 lbs, skinny build, tanned skin, blue eyes, short blonde hair, unshaven, crooked teeth, wearing black pants, black & grey running shoes, a grey hoody with small red writing in the chest and a cream coloured baseball hat. The bicycle is described as a red mountain bike with black handles.