Meet your CSA Election candidates: Jihee Park
Monday, March 7, 20110 Comments
Name: Jihee Park
Runing for: Board of Directors (College of Biological Sciences)
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Jihee Park and I am running to be your College of Biological Science At-Large Representative for the CSA Board of Directors.
2. Why do you want to represent students on the CSA Board of Directors?
I would like to be your Representative on the Board of Directors because through my time here at the University of Guelph, I have come to love this campus and its people. It is the people that make Guelph what it is, and it will be my honour to be able to represent the student body through the CSA.
3. What experiences or skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for your position?
I have had several years of experience with my college government, including serving on the board. I believe with my background I am adequately suited to properly represent you on the board of directors.
4. Can you outline some experiences that have given you knowledge of CSA policies and the way things are run?
Through executive involvment with several CSA clubs, I have been able to learn the importance of policies that govern the CSA and its constituents. I also have learned the significance of the CSA's presence on campus in a variety of ways, through the multitude of services it provides, such as advocacy, the bus pass, and many other great activities.
5. What goals do you have for your term?
My primary goals in running for the Board of Directors is to improve communication, within the CSA and between the CSA and our students. Transparency is key in my ability to properly represent my constituents, and I believe that by actively engaging in open communication, I will be able to achieve this goal.
6. The undergraduate student body is large and diverse; how will you ensure you represent the interests of students?
I will ensure adequate representation by actively seeking to understand the diversity that exists in the student body by direct interaction with individuals and groups. An open-minded attitude and avoidance of prejudgemental assumptions is of utmost priority to me.
7. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for reading my responses. I hope that you make a well informed decision in this upcoming CSA elections and vote. Your decision makes an impact!