CSA General Election 2006 Preliminary Unofficial Executive Results

Monday, March 20, 2006

Written by CSA News release

Ballot counting for the CSA general elections was completed this past weekend. The unofficial CSA executive results are as follows (the unofficial, successful candidates are in bold):

Academic Commissioner
Becky Wallace 1445
Kim Neale 1104

External Affairs Commissioner (Recount Required)
John Coombs 968
Chike Agbasi 917
Fraser Thomson 855

Finance and Human Resources Commissioner
Chris Killer 1636
Lia Tarachansky 922

Communications Commissioner
Jonathan Odumeru 1599
Luke Weiler 1035

Local Affairs Commissioner
Bre Walt 1486
Leisha Zamecnik 619
David Mallery 476

A recount of the External Affairs Commissioner will automatically be taking place this week as the total votes cast for each candidate fall within less than 3% of each other (as per CSA bylaw 2.13.1).

The Chief Electoral Officer is still following up on several election complaints and appeals.

All election results will be made official pending their ratification by the CSA board after a 15-day appeal period. Currently, all results are set to be ratified at 6pm at the April 5th CSA board meeting (contact CSA office for location).

Comments

1. Posted by: Alex on Mar 22, 2006 @ 9:39am

I don't mean to put a damper, but if there's 15 days left to find out the results, can we make a new headline. It's old and there are other things to report on. Sexual assault allegations for the Guelph Police, or the union news for colleges/here.

2. Posted by: Dave on Mar 22, 2006 @ 1:38pm

Yup. I'm also for a more regular update of the news here.

3. Posted by: Mike on Mar 22, 2006 @ 4:39pm

I think a congratulations to all the candidates is in order. I think that the enourmous amount of time that you all put into your campaigns showed very well in the attendance at the polls.

4. Posted by: Marty on Mar 22, 2006 @ 11:26pm

Glad that you are looking to the cannon.ca for fresh news. We are looking (soon) for fresh news reporters. And we pay money. If you or people you know would be good at making this site the place for breaking news, keep checking here (and at the CSA) for job postings.

(You can also write the editor for more details.)

5. Posted by: sss on Mar 23, 2006 @ 12:09am

Yeah Chris Killer! You're such a cutie! I'll let you handle my finances any day! Congrats man! You'll be great for the job!

6. Posted by: Hannah on Mar 23, 2006 @ 11:05am

Thecannon.ca also accepts articles from volunteers. If you are interested in writing a local news piece, or an opinion on a world issue, or a review of a movie etc. send them to [email protected]

7. Posted by: Alex on Mar 23, 2006 @ 3:57pm

Believe me I'd like to except, in reference to the Simpsons, my english is how you say...inelegant. Secondly my opinions are too radical/centrist to make any popular pieces on here. I'll leave the news to those who are good at journalism