Confused or unhappy with the new site? Read here.
Monday, October 5, 20090 Comments
You spoke. We listened.
Over the past week, people have been writing in with feedback on thecannon's new site. Some of it has been quite good and some it has pointed out areas for improvement.
Fortunately, things are very flexible in cyberspace. If something on the website isn't working, we can fix it. All it takes is a bit of time.
Because of its popularity, thecannon's classified section has been the subject of much feedback. The ultimate goal of the new layout is to provide buyers and sellers with a superior browsing experience. However, it seems the buyers are getting the short end of stick when it comes to the site's clarity and ease-of-use.
Thecannon and its website developer, Barking Dog Studios, have heard your suggestions and are implementing a number of improvements. These include:
- Giving users a choice between a "list" view and "grid" view of classified ads.
- Adding sort options for price, date added, and course code (for textbooks)
- Including the course code and edition in the short form of all textbook classifieds.
- Making classified categories consistent between the main page and the classifieds page.
- Addressing errors that arise on some web browsers.
These upgrades should come online in the next little while. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to improve your online community at the University of Guelph. As always, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me at
Keep loading thecannon!